Our Commitment to you:
- Providing you with quality services that are mindful of social diversity including: culture, race, ethnicity, national origin, colour, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, political belief, religion, and physical and mental ability.
- Providing you with individualized program planning. Together, we will create a program of services just for you.
- Supporting you to find a job that complies with the Employment Standards Act, which protects employees against financial exploitation.
- Taking reasonable steps to ensure your understanding ofour programs and services and their limitations, the dispute resolution process, and the qualifications of the staff person assigned to you.
- Protecting the confidentiality of your records and sensitive information.
- Providing you with a safe and welcoming environment free from abuse, discrimination and harassment.
Your RightsAs a client at Open Door Group you will have:
- Freedom from discrimination1, harassment, and abuse (including neglect, assault and deliberate humiliation).
- Privacy and reasonable confidentiality2
- Reasonable access to information concerning yourself and your file3
- Access to qualified staff and services that meet professional standards, the outcomes of which may be evaluated with you.
- The ability to give informed consent and take part in decisions about your future.
- The ability to participate in voluntary research that falls within the guidelines of established ethical standards and will not jeopardize your privacy.
- Access to resources and other community services available to you.
- Freedom to speak up for yourself, or to have someone else speak for you.
- The ability to raise issues of concern and resolve disputes without fear of retaliation through the confidential Dispute Resolution Process4
- Freedom from financial and other exploitation or retaliation.
- The obligation to report immediately to management any abusive behaviour, discrimination or harassment which you have witnessed or are aware of.
- As per the BC Human Rights Code, RSBC 1996, c. 2010
- Proper authorities will be informed in the case of information being illegal, information related to a crime, and information concerning the safety of a person under the legal age.
- As per the Freedom of Information and Privacy of Protection Act, RSBC 1996. c. 165
- Issues that may give rise to disputes include, but are not limited to: Access, timeliness and effectiveness of programs and services; dealing with staff, management or volunteers; health and safety, and harassment, discrimination and abuse.
We want to hear from you!How can we improve our programs and services to serve you better? Give us your feedback today!
Our Dispute Resolution Policy & FormIf you have a complaint or would like to dispute a decision about the services you have received, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to a fair, transparent and timely process to guide the issue resolution process for our clients and community partners. This issue resolution policy and procedure aims to provide a structured approach to resolving disputes through a fair and equitable process that will lead to acceptable solutions to all parties.
To file a complaint or dispute any service-related decision, kindly approach the manager at any of our centers. They will provide you with our comprehensive Dispute Resolution Policy and Process Guidelines. These guidelines are also available in our Resource Centers.
Our Full Dispute Resolution Policy
Our Dispute Resolution Form
Our client handbook contains valuable information that addresses your inquiries and apprehensions regarding our programs and services. Our ultimate goal is to serve you and the community in the best way possible. In case you have any further queries or concerns that were not addressed in this handbook, please feel free to reach out to any member of our office staff. We are here to assist you!
Download our Open Door Group English CLIENT HANDBOOK
Download our Open Door Group French CLIENT HANDBOOK
Client Publication Consent Form
We value providing high-quality services to our clients and developed a publication consent form to maintain transparency and ethical practices. By completing this form, you authorize us to use your name, photos, likeness, and testimonials in our marketing materials. We respect your privacy and will honor any requests to remove your information from our materials.
Client publication consent form
Have questions? Contact us!