Opening doors to lifelong learning and career success.
To achieve its mission, Open Door Group assists people to prepare, obtain, and sustain meaningful careers and to support people in the pursuit of lifelong learning.
Meaningful skills and careers for everyone.
- Achieving Success by believing everyone has the aspiration to succeed and are the authors of their own journey.
- Solutions Focused by customizing programs and services to meet our customer needs.
- Respect for People by treating all people with compassion, respect, dignity and fairness and by embracing diversity within our workplaces.
- Being Authentic by managing with integrity and honesty, and through fairness and transparency.
- Striving for Excellence by achieving superior results without being result-driven and by striving to always improve, evolve, and innovate.
- Being a Cohesive team by recognizing our strength lies in working collaboratively to achieve our collective goals.
Our story starts in 1976, when a small group of dedicated volunteers in Vancouver began offering woodworking and sewing workshops to individuals living with disabilities. At the time, all they had was passion and the belief that everyone wants to — and can — participate in their community through meaningful work.
Today, we continue to operate on the fundamental belief that all individuals have the ability to succeed, and our commitment is stronger than ever.
Open Door Group is a CARF-accredited, not-for-profit organization and registered charity providing employment services to thousands of individuals a year, in three locations – including Kamloops, Sechelt, and Vancouver. We work with all individuals who are interested in preparing for, finding, and keeping meaningful employment.
In addition to employment services, we provide unique support programs for individuals living with mental illness in Vancouver and Kamloops.
At our core, Open Door Group remains an organization about people and relationships.
Within the communities we serve, you will find us connecting with clients, families, the business community, other service providers, and all levels of government. We are proud to have strong, collaborative partnerships with more than 20 service organizations and hundreds of businesses in order to connect job seekers with meaningful work and help hiring employers tap into untapped talent pools.
Contact us today or join our team to discover how we can partner with you in your success.
Our Code of Ethics & Conduct
We, the Board of Directors and employees of Open Door Group, are committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct that reflect:
Belief and Commitment in the organization’s Mission and Vision of supporting all individuals to succeed in achieving their economic and personal success.
Respect and compassion for all individuals including:
- Understanding and being sensitive to the needs of others.
- Treating every person with respect and compassion.
- Respecting the dignity, diversity, and human rights of all individuals
Personal and Professional Integrity including:
- Practicing the highest standards of honesty and integrity
- Recognizing professional boundaries, limitations, and competencies
- Representing themselves, their qualifications, and their experiences accurately.
- Avoiding Conflict of Interests.
- Protecting confidential information and sharing only when legally obligated.
- Complying with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Acting in such a way to maintain Open Door Group’s trust.
- Continually seeking to improve the quality of programs and services to ODG customers.
- Acquiring, preserving, and sharing knowledge and information as appropriate.
- Being accountable to our customers for achieving timely and effective results.
- Fostering a working environment that promotes teamwork, learning and innovation.
- Continually seeking to improve one’s own professional growth and development.
Our Strategic Plan.
We are passionate about our work, and continually strive to improve our programs and operations. To learn more about our vision for the future of the organization, download our Strategic Plan (2017-2022).