Through the Opportunities Fund, you may be able to get funding for one or more of the following:
- Tuition for short-term training such as pre-apprentice training, placements, and practicums
- Wage subsidies for employers
- Income support and consulting to start a small business
- Employment assistance services
Are you an employer looking to diversify your business and hire someone with a disability? You may be eligible to apply for wage subsidies or skills training for your new employee.
Want to know if the Opportunities Fund is for you? Go through the checklist to find out.
You can apply for the Opportunities Fund if:
- You have a permanent disability or chronic health condition
- You are unemployed or underemployed
- You are legally eligible to work in Canada
- You have not been eligible to receive EI in the last 3 years or received paternity EI in the last 5 years