Opportunities Fund Supports
Through the Opportunities Fund, you may be able to get funding for one or more of the following:
- Tuition for short-term training such as pre-apprentice training, placements, and practicums
- Wage subsidies for employers
- Income support and consulting to start a small business
- Employment assistance services
Want to know if the Opportunities Fund is for you? Go through the checklist to find out.
You can apply for the Opportunities Fund if:
- You have a permanent disability or chronic health condition
- You are unemployed or underemployed
- You are legally eligible to work in Canada, and
- You have not established a claim for Employment Insurance (EI) benefits within the last five years
Are you an employer looking to diversify your business and hire someone with a disability? You may be eligible to apply for wage subsidies or skills training for your new employee.
Employers who hire a new employee utilizing Opps Fund may also be eligible to receive disability support services such as the provision of funding for technology or equipment, workshops (such as Mental Health First Aid for their staff), and on-site job coaching for their new employee
Have any questions? For more information about the Opportunities Fund, please contact the Opps Fund Coordinator at 1-866-377-3670 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you live in Northern BC or on the Island, contact Service Canada at 1-800-O-CANADA (1-800-622-6232) to find the Community Coordinator closest to you.