Living with a disability? Looking for work? Get access to funding. The Opportunities Fund Program is a financial assistance program designed to help persons with disabilities to gain employment through funding for training, wage subsidies, funding for adaptive equipment, and self-employment training.
Through the Opportunities Fund, you may be able to get funding for one or more of the following:
- Tuition for short-term training such as pre-apprentice training, placements, and practicums
- Wage subsidies for employers
- Income support and consulting to start a small business
- Employment assistance services
Want to know if the Opportunities Fund is for you? Go through the checklist to find out.
You can apply for the Opportunities Fund if:
- You have a permanent disability or chronic health condition
- You are unemployed or underemployed
- You are legally eligible to work in Canada
- You have not received EI in the last 3 years
- You live in the Southern Interior Region of BC