The Sunshine Coast is growing, and local communities are bustling with exciting opportunities! Do you need a jump start back into the workforce? With Jobs in Demand (JID) you can to launch your career in just two months.
About Sechelt Jobs in Demand
JID is an eight-week employment readiness program that are run in small and supportive groups. The program consists of:
- skills inventory
- resume and cover letter writin
- interview skills
- certificate training (e.g. First Aid, Mental Health First Aid, Food Safe, Naloxone and Non-Violent Crises Intervention) and
- job search support
We help you connect with local employers and support you the entire way to employment. The program does not focus on one specific industry. You explore which industries you are interested in and we provide you with the best possible range of certificate training to match your interests.
- You are legally able to work in Canada
- You are unemployed or precariously employed (casual, temporary or unstable employment)
- You are not a full-time student
- Face two or more barriers to employment (eg. lack of social networks, limited work experience, housing instability, disability).
All Jobs in Demand participants are connected to a WorkBC Employment Advisor.
Next Cohort Start Date
June 1st, 2020 (Full)
August 10th, 2020