Jump start your career in two months or less with Jobs in Demand. Our Kelowna program includes Child Care, Security, Construction, Office Administration or other industry of your choosing! Get the certifications and training you need to start working in these high demand industries right here in the city. Our team will also connect you with employers and provide you with one-on-one job search support to set you up for success!
We acknowledge that we are on the traditional territory of the Sylix Okanagan Nation; we extend thanks, honor and respect to our hosts.
About the Kelowna Jobs in Demand Program for Young Adults
Experience Jobs in Demand for Young Adults, a FREE 8-week interactive skills training program designed to empower unemployed job seekers aged 18-29 with the tools to secure employment. It’s a hands-on training program where you’ll participate in group workshops and receive individual support to help you become job-ready. You’ll learn about different industries that are in high demand, earn important certifications, connect with potential employers, and receive guidance from our experienced team. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to meet and connect with other young adults who are on a similar journey.
Upon completion of this program, participants will develop:
- Industry specific soft and essential skills training for the workplace
- Personalized plan to support career success
- Employability Skills training: Resume, Cover letter development, Networking and Marketing skills
- Occupational Skills Training Certificates (i.e. First Aid, WHMIS, NVCI, Food Safe, SuperHost, etc.)
- Understanding of the labour market and personal career exploration
We help you connect with local employers and support you the entire way to employment.
The program does not focus on one specific industry. You explore which industries you are interested in and we provide you with the best possible range of certificate training to match your interests.
Want to know if the Jobs In Demand Program is for you? Go through the checklist to find out.
- You are legally able to work in Canada
- You are unemployed or precariously employed (casual, temporary or unstable employment)
- You are not a full-time student
- You are aged 18-29