Jobs in Demand is all about matching trained job seekers with employers in high demand industries right here in Kamloops. Get the training and certifications you need, and receive one-on-one support with your job search. Our team is here to support you the entire way.
We acknowledge that we are on the traditional territory of the Secwepemc Nation; we extend thanks, honor and respect to our hosts.
About RISE Jobs in Demand
RISE Jobs in Demand is a FREE 8-week interactive, integrated skills training program for individuals who have been impacted by violence or abuse. Programs are taught through group workshops, online training and one-to-one support to help you get job ready. Learn about various in-demand industries, get relevant certifications, connect with potential employers, and get mentored from our knowledgeable staff, all while meeting and connecting with like-minded individuals.
Upon completion of this program, participants will develop:
- Career exploration to find your right fit,
- Labour Market Research to match your skills and interests with an in-demand occupation
- Training on soft and essential skills for the workplace,
- Industry specific short-term skills training (e.g. First Aid, Mental Health First Aid, Food Safe, Naloxone and Non-Violent Crises Intervention)
- Exploring options for occupational skills training
- Psychoeducation on the impacts of trauma and on resiliency and post traumatic growth,
- Activities to support self-esteem, self-confidence and distress tolerance and
- Pre-employment counselling
We help you connect with local employers and support you the entire way to employment. The program does not focus on one specific industry. You explore which industries you are interested in and we provide you with the best possible range of certificate training to match your interests.
- You have been impacted by Violence and/or Abuse
- You are legally able to work in Canada
- You are unemployed or precariously employed (casual, temporary or unstable employment)
- You are not a full-time student
The Rise Jobs in Demand program is for individuals who have been impacted by Violence and/or Abuse. Impacts of violence and abuse may include low self-esteem, low self-confidence, lack of trust, a tendency to isolate, non-effective coping mechanisms, fear of authority, interpersonal difficulties, anxiety, depression, post traumatic stress symptoms. Forms of violence and/or abuse include but are not limited to domestic violence, childhood trauma, elder abuse, workplace bullying, trauma experienced by refugees/immigrants, physical, sexual, emotional, and verbal abuse. This program is for all genders, ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual identities and orientations, income, socioeconomic status, and education levels who experience barriers to employment related violence and/or abuse.
Monday through Friday