Jobs in Demand is all about matching trained job seekers with employers in high demand industries right here in Kamloops. Get the training and certifications you need, and receive one-on-one support with your job search. Our team is here to support you the entire way.
We acknowledge that we are on the traditional territory of the Secwepemc Nation; we extend thanks, honor and respect to our hosts.
About Kamloops Jobs in Demand All Ages
Jobs in Demand All Ages is a FREE 8-week interactive, integrated skills training program to support individuals with barriers** to employment. Our programs are taught through group workshops, online training and one-to-one support to help you get job ready. Learn about various in-demand industries, get relevant certifications, connect with potential employers, and get mentored from our knowledgeable staff, all while meeting and connecting with like-minded individuals.
Upon completion of this program, participants will develop:
- Industry specific soft and essential skills training for the workplace
- Personalized plan to support career success
- Employability Skills training: Resume, Cover letter development, Networking and Marketing skills
- Occupational Skills Training Certificates (i.e. First Aid, WHMIS, NVCI, Food Safe, SuperHost, SAFE talk etc.)
- Understanding of the labour market and personal career exploration
- Job search guidance and support
**Types of barriers to employment at the time of intake:
- housing instability
- recovering from substance use
- prior criminal justice involvement
- mental health challenges
- lack of social networks and connections
- lack of recent and/or Canadian work experience
- limited literacy skills or English language skills
- low self-esteem
- low income
- Older Worker
- You are legally able to work in Canada
- You are unemployed or precariously employed (casual, temporary or unstable employment)
- You are not a full-time student
- Face two or more barriers to employment (eg. lack of social networks, limited work experience, housing instability, disability).