Jobs in Demand is all about matching trained job seekers with employers in high demand industries right here in Kamloops. Get the training and certifications you need, and receive one-on-one support with your job search. Our team is here to support you the entire way.
We acknowledge that we are on the traditional territory of the Secwepemc Nation; we extend thanks, honor and respect to our hosts.
About Kamloops Jobs in Demand
JID is an eight-week employment readiness program that are run in small and supportive groups. The program consists of:
- skills inventory
- resume and cover letter writin
- interview skills
- certificate training (e.g. First Aid, Mental Health First Aid, Food Safe, Naloxone and Non-Violent Crises Intervention) and
- job search support
We help you connect with local employers and support you the entire way to employment. The program does not focus on one specific industry. You explore which industries you are interested in and we provide you with the best possible range of certificate training to match your interests.
- You are legally able to work in Canada
- You are unemployed or precariously employed (casual, temporary or unstable employment)
- You are not a full-time student
- Face two or more barriers to employment (eg. lack of social networks, limited work experience, housing instability, disability).
Next Cohort Start Date