CAREER PATHWAYS TO SUCCESS
building your new career path
Gain confidence, tools, and resources to pursue your career dreams!
- Free 8-week employment program to re-engage or engage job-seekers who have become isolated because of COVID-19
- We will help you identify your employment goals and access short-term certificate training
- Receive supports and the flexibility you need to gain the confidence, tools, and skills training to be competitive and successful in today’s labour market
- Virtual participation. You will receive all the necessary equipment and digital training to fully participate in the program.
- Must self identify with having a disability
- Must be unemployed or precariously employed
Learn more about the program
This free 8 week innovative employment program helps engage or re-engage job seekers who have become socially isolated because of Covid-19. Participants will be provided opportunities to identify employment goals through a career self-discovery process and to access short-term certificate training necessary to be competitive and successful in today’s labour market.
After 4 weeks of training, participants will choose 1 of 2 paths: supported education or supported employment. Our dedicated staff team will provide post-training support by helping participants move onto further education or to secure and maintain paid employment. Components of the program are offered virtually, and all the necessary equipment and digital training will be provided so participants can participate fully in the program.
To support entry/re-entry into the workforce, we have developed the Career Pathways to Success program to address various barriers, by providing wrap-around supports and flexibility to support clients gain the confidence and tools for employment, and include the skills training necessary to be competitive and successful in the labour market.
Upon completion of the program, all participants will acquire:
- In home tech and disability support (if needed)
- A personalized health and wellbeing plan
- An individualized training plan to support your career success
- A personalized disability management plan
- Soft and essential skills training for the workplace
Choose your path.
There are two paths to the program. Participants can choose either the supported education or supported employment path, this can/will be identified throughout the first 4 weeks of training.
Supported Education is the provision of individualized, practical support and instruction to assist people with various barriers and/or disabilities to achieve their educational goals.
Upon completion, participants of the supportd education path will acquire:
- A personalized education direction and school selections
- Support for accessing further funding for long term education
- Education resources and support inventory
- Ongoing education coaching and support
Career Pathways to Success believes that everyone who wants paid employment can attain it if the proper supports are in place. The supportive employment model is a successful, accepted, and flexible model for assisting individuals experiencing a barrier or disability to obtain meaningful and fairly compensated work.
A partnership between job seeker, support person, and employer, the supported employment path takes a person-centered, individualized approach. Job seekers receive support tailored to their specific skills and career goals; employers are supported with advice and resources to help meet their unique labour needs.
Upon completion, participants of the supported employment path will acquire:
- Employability skills training: resume and cover letter development, networking and marketing skills
- Occupational trainingcertificates (i.e. First Aid, WHMIS, NVCI, Food Safe, SuperHost, SAFE talk, MHFA etc.)
- Understanding of the labour market and personal career exploration
- On-going employment coaching and support