Free Webinar: Accessibility in 2023: Trends and Legislation You Need to Know
January 26th 10 am Pacific – 11 am Pacific- Via Zoom
Co-presented with Surrey Board of Trade
2023 is shaping up to be the year of accessibility for BC organizations. Why?
- Upcoming compliance deadlines for BC public sector organizations in September 2023 and 2024 have over 750 organizations rushing to improve accessibility.
- New accessible employment standards and service delivery requirements for BC’s private sector are already in development by the BC Government.
- And thanks to the Great Retirement, labour shortages that aren’t going anywhere are piquing employer interest in underutilized talent like people with disabilities.
The team at Untapped Accessibility is ready to explain what these accessibility trends mean for your organization, and how to navigate them.
Untapped Accessibility’s Principal Consultant Stephen O’Keefe and Managing Director Trish Kelly will be joined by panelists to discuss why they think 2023 will be a big year for accessibility. Panelists include:
- Anita Huberman- CEO for Surrey Board of Trade and Co-chair of the newly formed National Business Disability Inclusion Council)
- Christine Buchanan- Regional Director of Employment and Training for Open Door Group and Chair of BC’s Accessible Employment Standards Development Committee
Accessibility of the event
Live Captioning and ASL interpretation will be provided. A captioned recording and an accessible slide deck will be available for all attendees. Our registration form will invite you to advise us with your request.
Who should attend?
This webinar will help public sector organizations like local governments, education providers, libraries, and Crown agencies understand how to comply with the upcoming legislation, and how to reach beyond compliance to create truly inclusive organizations that will attract and retain talent.
Private sector organizations wishing to improve accessibility to reach more customers and job seekers will also benefit from our overview of trends in accessibility.
BONUS: Event attendees will be offered a free 30-minute consultation with Untapped Accessibility team of experts to answer your questions or help you prioritize your accessibility plan!
About Untapped Accessibility
Untapped Accessibility launched in October 2022 in response to upcoming deadlines for organizations looking for support in complying with the Accessible BC Act. Whether your organization is taking action in response to accessibility legislation, or you see accessibility as a business imperative, we can help!
We draw on the diverse lived experience and professional expertise of our team to deliver comprehensive and innovative approaches to disability inclusion.
We’re a social enterprise. We generate revenue for Open Door Social Services Society supporting the non-profit’s mission to open doors to lifelong learning and career success for more people with disabilities.
#Inclusion #BCEmploymentAccessibilityStandardCommittee #Accessible #AccessibleBritishColumbiaAct