Jobs in Demand is all about matching trained job seekers with employers in high demand industries right here in Kamloops. Get the training and certifications you need, and receive one-on-one support with your job search. Our team is here to support you the entire way.
We acknowledge that we are on the traditional territory of the Secwepemc Nation; we extend thanks, honor and respect to our hosts.
About Kamloops Jobs in Demand Youth
Jobs in Demand Youth is a FREE 8-week interactive, integrated skills training program for youth with barriers** to employment. Programs are taught through group workshops, online training and one-to-one support to help you get job ready. Learn about various in-demand industries, get relevant certifications, connect with potential employers, and get mentored from our knowledgeable staff, all while meeting and connecting with like-minded individuals.
Upon completion of this program, participants will develop:
- Industry specific soft and essential skills training for the workplace
- Personalized plan to support career success
- Employability Skills training: Resume, Cover letter development, Networking and Marketing skills
- Occupational Skills Training Certificates (i.e. First Aid, WHMIS, NVCI, Food Safe, SuperHost, SAFE talk etc.)
- Understanding of the labour market and personal career exploration
- Job search guidance and support
We help you connect with local employers and support you the entire way to employment. The program does not focus on one specific industry. You explore which industries you are interested in and we provide you with the best possible range of certificate training to match your interests.
**Types of barriers to employment at the time of intake:
- housing instability
- recovering from substance use
- prior criminal justice involvement
- mental health challenges
- lack of social networks and connections
- lack of recent and/or Canadian work experience
- limited literacy skills or English language skills
- low self-esteem
- low income
- You are legally able to work in Canada
- You are unemployed or precariously employed (casual, temporary or unstable employment)
- You are not a full-time student
- Face one or more barriers** to employment